Air shipping to Australia
Air transport is among the most popular ways of shipping goods from one place to another. It is also of a great importance to the international traffic. It is estimated that while only 1% of the world's freight is transported by air, the total value of such goods is 20% to 30% of the total value of all transported goods.
Today, air shipping to Australia consists of modern aircraft that can be flown over long distances without refuelling which was impossible in the past. The result is non-stop transatlantic flights carried out every day. It is estimated that in the future there will be more and more long distance flights.
The advantages of air freight to Australia:
- very fast and high speed transportation
- low cost of packing
- theoretical possibility of delivery to anywhere in the world
- a minimum of damage to the cargo
- minimal risk of theft of your possessions
- accuracy and speed of delivery
- quick and easy delivery of online purchases or shipping eBay items to Australia
On the other hand there are some disadvantages of air shipping:
- high cost of air freight to Australia compared to road and sea shipping
- size and weight restrictions of the consignment
- inability to transport by air of some goods
- limited capacity of aircraft
- availability of the hazard associated with adverse weather conditions such as snow, fog, rain, storm etc.
Air transport costs
Air transport is probably the youngest, most expensive and fastest form of transportation. It is used, for example by courier companies to deliver important, urgent documents and correspondence to almost anywhere in the world. If you are looking for cheap Canberra shipping firms offering air freight services than can use our online form to request their rates. You can compare either Perth, Melbourne or Wollongong shipping companies by sending just one online form.
Opting for air transportation is dictated by the consideration of urgency, delivery, and hence its importance and value. Cost of goods shipped by air cannot be neglected. Due to exorbitant air freight prices it is not profitable to transport cheap goods over long distances by air. Such goods at the destination will be not competitive because of its high cost.