General Provisions of the container lease
Terms and conditions of the Lease Agreement are binding for both parties and shall apply to all transactions in which the Owner and the Lessee discuss additional orders. Terms and Conditions Agreement and other arrangements that deviate from the content of the following Terms and Conditions Document shall be binding upon their written acceptance by both parties. Lessee does not have to accept all the General Conditions of Container Rental Agreement. All articles can be discussed, negotiated changed or even removed.
- Lease starts from the moment when the container has been delivered at the time and place agreed.
- In the case of the conclusion of the lease for a fixed term, the tenancy can’t be terminated before the end of contract. Earlier return of the container does not relieve the Lessee of the obligation to pay fees for the contractual time of lease.
- Lessee is obliged to notify the Lessor in writing with 14 working days’ notice about the intention of extending or terminating the lease.
- In the absence of written container lease termination notice it shall be deemed that the period of the lease continues and is extended indefinitely. The tenancy can be terminated within 7 days’ notice.
Delivery and return of the container
- The costs of the delivery and return of the leased containers is held, if the agreement does not specify otherwise, at the expense of the Tenant. Moving to Australia is not responsible for any delay in the delivery and receipt of the leased containers.
- Lessee is obliged to provide a sufficient access by road to the place of the delivery or collection of the leased asset. In the event of any difficulties in the delivery or collection of the container the Lessee will be charged for any additional machines and activities needed to deliver the service. Lessee may be charge additional shipping prices associated with overtime for using vehicles and additional machinery.
- The tenant is responsible for the correct and professional unloading and loading of the container unless the contract determines otherwise. The costs associated with international packing services provided by Owner shall be borne by the Lessee.
- The Hire Company is not liable for any risks and injury caused due to using the during the lease period.
- According to the movers recommendations the Tenant prepares his own area and the correct foundations for the leased asset. Connecting the container to electricity, water sewage systems the Lessee performs at his expense and takes full responsibility for it.
- Lessee is obliged to ensure that during the assembly and disassembly of the leased container has access to at least one socket of Electrical current of 380 V and 230 V and one water source within no more than 20 feet from the container.
- At the end of the container lease period the tenant is obliged to immediately empty, vacate and return the container to the Lessor or make it possible for the owner to collect the container with no problems.
- Readiness to return of the leased asset means that all connections to external networks, no matter whether the installation was made by the Lessor or Lessee, have been disconnected and the container has been emptied. Should not the above requirements be met the Lessee shall pay Lessor compensation for non-contractual use of the container at the rate of a daily non-contractual rent specified in the contract for each day of use of the leased item. If the collection of the leased container from the Lessee place is for reasons beyond the control of the Lessor impossible, Tenant shall at its own cost and risk arrange the safe transfer of the container to the shipping company.
- In the absence of the signature on the protocol by the landlord or a person authorized by him, the Lessor reserves the right to make the technical evaluation of the container within 7 working days from the date of its return. After passing a technical assessment of the container the container assessment protocol shall be immediately forwarded to the Tenant.
Container lease rates, fees and additional costs
- Payment for the container lease is calculated monthly and shall be payable within 14 days from date of invoice.
- For incomplete months the rent is calculated in proportion to the number of days of the lease.
- The first payment for the container lease is calculated and invoiced for the full month.
- Consecutive monthly costs for rent are calculated and invoiced by the end of each calendar month rental period.
- For successive periods of the lease the rent is invoiced on a monthly basis for each calendar month.
- If the tenant is late with the payment of the rent for a period longer than 14 days, or if he does not honour the terms of the lease , Lessor shall use the following rights which may be used jointly or separately according to the situation:
- demand immediate payment of all contractual lease obligations
- immediate termination of the container lease agreement and immediate collection of the leased container at Lessee expense
- taking the Tenant to the court in order to win back his money
- In case of the delay in the payment of the rent by Tenant, Landlords has the right to charge statutory interest for late payment from the date when the payment turned to be outstanding.
- The outstanding container lease costs can’t be reduced. The tenant is not entitled to make deductions with respect to payments due Lessor under this Agreement. The right to discount the outstanding amount may only apply in the case of a written consent of the Lessor, or if the mutual obligations of parties are clear and enforceable on the basis of a final judicial decision.
- Tenant shall make all payments for leasing the container to the Lessor’s bank account in accordance with the final summary of all invoices. All costs related to the payment are charged to the tenant.
The subject of lease
- The storage container is free from technical defects and it stays the property of the Lessor.
- The tenant is obliged to use the container for his own use, to keep it in good condition, to perform maintenance and necessary running repairs, consisting of periodic inspections and conduct restoration and preventive work necessary for the maintenance of the sea container and its surroundings in good technical condition. As part of these operations Tenant should carry out repairs and eliminate factors that may cause damage to the container elements and its equipment. Costs associated with the implementation of these activities are charged to the tenant.
- In the event of a shipping container damage during the lease due to the improper use the landlord will charge the Tenant all costs associated with the removal of the fault.
- Changes on the container, its reconstruction, installation of additional equipment or interference with existing container components are subject to the written consent of the Lessor. Lessee agrees to remove all changes made to the container no later than by the return of the rented item to the Lessor.
- Object of the lease will be dropped off and placed in place indicated in the container lease agreement. Changing the location of the asset or its components is allowed only with the written consent of the Lessor. Moving of the leased asset by Tenant is at his risk and expense.
- If you connect or fix the container to the land, building or a device it is believed that this combination is temporary, and thus the object of the lease does not become a part of the building or the device, and will be disconnected and returned in accordance with the terms of the lease.
- The relocation agent has the right to place, on the container, a visible tables and advertisements containing information about the Lessor. The Tenant agrees not to remove, or obscure these arrays.
- Lessee is responsible for the loss, theft, destruction or damage and premature use of the containers. The occurrence of such events does not relieve the Lessee of the obligation to pay the rent and additional expenses.
- In the event of a damage or loss the Lessee is obligated to:
- The repair of the leased container in order to restore it to its original state. The associated costs are charged to the tenant.
- Replace the container by another, preserving the same functionality, associated components and devices, and the value of the original object of the lease.
- To pay to the Lessor compensation for the damages incurred by Lessor, together with other amounts resulting from the presence of the lease.
- The tenant is obliged to insure the leased container and its equipment in the event of burglary, theft, devastation, fire and flood. In addition, the Lessee is obliged to conclude an insurance contract to cover any damage that he can cause to the container, its parts or components of equipment in relation to third parties. The cost of any insurance is charged to the tenant.
- The landlord is not liable for any damage caused to the tenant or third parties property directly or indirectly by the container, resulting from their improper use, and is not responsible for items held by the Lessee.
- All fees, taxes and other charges, during the time of the lease, in connection with the container shall be borne by the Lessee.
- It’s the duty of the Tenant to obtain at the right time and at its own cost all permits necessary for the foundation, installation and operation of the container in a given location.
- Subletting the container by the Lessee or putting into use third parties is possible only in the case of written consent of the Lessor.
- Should the Lessee fail to comply with the above conditions the Lessor shall have the right to terminate the lease without any notice.
Final container leasing conditions and regulations
- The Parties agree to notify in writing any changes in their address and telephone contact numbers.
- Any changes to this Agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties to be valid.
- The Parties shall endeavour to settle amicably all disputes arising out of this Agreement.
- The Parties undertake to maintain confidentiality regarding the content of this agreement and the information which they have come into implementing it. The content of the agreement is subject to trade secret and can’t be disclosed without the prior written consent of the other Party.
- 20ft container
- 40 ft container